Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Gloves > What are the best places to buy motorcycle gear?

What are the best places to buy motorcycle gear?

This is a discussion on What are the best places to buy motorcycle gear? within the Gloves forums, part of the Gear category; I am new to the biking community and looking to gear up. I’m curious what recommendations you would have as ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008   #1

Default What are the best places to buy motorcycle gear?

I am new to the biking community and looking to gear up. I’m curious what recommendations you would have as far as brands and materials for helmets, jackets and gloves. Additionally I would like to know if there are any online retailers with deals that cant be beat. And for those of you in the Tampa area, are there any good shops you would recommend for purchasing these items locally?
Rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #2

Chaparral Cycle Supplyhttp://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/assets/html/homepage.asp?URLCheck=1
19G30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #3

I get mine from village bike shop on plainfield in MI. they have the best stuff! I got my helmet from there. I am sure u don't want a pink and black one like mine but they have huge selections of everything!
littlemisssweetcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #4

I can help u with the helmets. I started last yr.3 very well established brands are Arai, Shoei, and HJC. HJC is the cheapest brand which has a good name to stand by it. Your looking at 130-230 a helmet. Shoei will run 280-500 or so but are better in terms of quality and designs. Arai is considered by most as THE BEST hands down brand for full face helmets. All helmets have their own fit type. For example Arai helmets seem to squeeze and hurt my head. Overall the best for you is the one that fits you best. If they all fit, arai is the best. Arai run from 500-800+ very expensive.I have 2 HJC helmets which are great. Make sure it fits well.Sadly I looked and looked and hardly ever do you find that big of a difference in price. Big stored however sometimes have older stuff cheaper. I bought my first helmet a generic black so it went with anything (bought it b4 the bike). My jacket and gloves are black too. I later bought my green kawasaki ninja so my second helmet is green.Keep in mind the brands I mentioned are for FULL FACED helmets only.Scorpion is another decent brand (200-300) which come with the ability to move up the bottom section of the helmet. This is very useful if you stop for a quick phone call or to buy a soda or something in which you dont want to take the whole thing off.I dont know much about half helmets (like the ones people with harleys wear) but I am more into sports bikes anyways, and overall full faced helmets are safer.I am from the southern california area BTW.Hope this helps.BTW I checked that site the first person gave and the HJC helmets they sell are at least 50 bucks more than what i bought them for. Try local places (search motorcycle store in google maps) and just judge from there.
Jason White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #5

EBAY...last summer me and my roommate both bought the same helmet (we both bought motorcycles) anyway, he paid $140, I paid $35 (with shipping) Both helmets were brand new.
phillip b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #6

Try helmetshop.com .They are the best people to deal with and they have some of the best prices.
Julius C is offline   Reply With Quote