Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Gloves > What kind of gear would be absolutely necessary for a child to ride his motorcycle?

What kind of gear would be absolutely necessary for a child to ride his motorcycle?

This is a discussion on What kind of gear would be absolutely necessary for a child to ride his motorcycle? within the Gloves forums, part of the Gear category; I have a five year old who has a pw50, with training wheels, that he would like to ride. He ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2008   #1

Default What kind of gear would be absolutely necessary for a child to ride his motorcycle?

I have a five year old who has a pw50, with training wheels, that he would like to ride. He does not yet have all of the gear for it. I have been told that the power can be turned down to not allow the bike to go over about 5mph. If this is done, and the bike is ridden on flat land only, what gear would be considered absolutely necessary? My husband tells me it is no more dangerous than a power wheels, but I am a nervous mom. He has hand-me-down helmet and goggles, pants, gloves and shoulder/chest pads. I wouldn't have a problem buying him a jersey but those boots seem awfully expensive for a five year old to outgrow within six months!
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #2

As for boots just anything with a little ankle protection should work. Just make sure you do not over do him on the safety stuff so that he hates it. A jacket and helment for sure. Gloves are also nice.rd
ronnny is offline   Reply With Quote