Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > VTX > Buying a new cruiser, what do you suggest?

Buying a new cruiser, what do you suggest?

This is a discussion on Buying a new cruiser, what do you suggest? within the VTX forums, part of the Honda category; I just sold my'84 V65 Magna and am getting a new ride. I do not want to downgrade on power ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009   #1

Default Buying a new cruiser, what do you suggest?

I just sold my'84 V65 Magna and am getting a new ride. I do not want to downgrade on power so I need around 85-100HP.I am looking at the'09 Yamaha raider base, black 90HP&105 FP of torque.But I am concerned about the air cooled engine. I do not want to have to get the engine rebuilt after 30K miles, but I am told the advances in alloys are much better than they were in the 80's and 90's but air cooled still concerns me. Should I be concerned?The new Vmax is pretty sick but I like the low seat height of cruisers.I am a Honda guy but the VTX series looks the same as all the other boring boulevard/Harley/Star/Vulcan cruisers. And I really do not want to be part of the"Harley Clique".What are some other options that under $15K and do not look like all the others?Also I take long road trips and need comfort for rumps sake! I am getting the rider backrest and windshield for that reason.Your input is greatly appreciated.man that BMW R1200 CL is a sweet looking bike!http://motorcycledaily.com/30july02bmwr1200cl.htmlThank you for your help.That BMW CL1200 is different and what I am talking about not being the same ol same ol, but there is not enough HP/torque for me.The Fury, I could not imagine doing 500 Miles a day on that thing, it looks like it is just a show off bike or something, still in the 60 HP range and my backside hurts just looking at it.The warrior is a bad machine and also is not conformed to the classic cruiser profile.Its between the Raider (raven black) and the Midnight Warrior. I'm gonna take em out on a test ride this week.Thanks again, you were very helpful. ------
Joshuwa G is offline   Reply With Quote