Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > VTX > Can anyone give some advice on pipes for a Honda VTX 1300 Please?

Can anyone give some advice on pipes for a Honda VTX 1300 Please?

This is a discussion on Can anyone give some advice on pipes for a Honda VTX 1300 Please? within the VTX forums, part of the Honda category; I've been hearing mixed things from friends about diffrent pipes for my Bike, this is my first bike also considering, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008   #1

Default Can anyone give some advice on pipes for a Honda VTX 1300 Please?

I've been hearing mixed things from friends about diffrent pipes for my Bike, this is my first bike also considering, so my appologies im still new to the cruiser parts, and havnt hooked up with the local club yet to ask anyone, but soon! =/Does anyone have any expericence with Cobra Slip ons, or even Vance hines for that model, how did it sound, and how easy is it to install yourself?I did hear from a friend that said he used the cobra slipons, and something about the baffels or packing being too far back and making it too loud, so he had to wrap it with wire and move it up?which brings me to my next Question, how much value do you put in the jet kits? or would that be somethign else also i should rely on my local shop to do both the install and the rejet?Thanks in advance!20/20 Ive seen you tube refrences to it when i was browsing for pipes, but thanks much for the information! ill check that out...from what i can tell its just boring the holes in the back of the pipe? just browsed on it, diddnt know if it was a purchase...
Flawbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #2

Tás maluco ou quê?
CALIMERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #3

changing slip on pipes is very easy, common hand tools and a complete n00b will be done in under an hourjets kits, remap, etc... is way over rated, you need to compensate fuel flow if you improve air flow. air flow does not improve with opening up the exhaust, the intake has to be opened up too, i don't get why so many people buy into rejetting for exhaust
sn00p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #4

I would keep the bike stock. It looks and sounds good the way it is.
floridaman39us is offline   Reply With Quote