Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > VTX > Exactally How difficult is it to install new Pipes on a new bike?

Exactally How difficult is it to install new Pipes on a new bike?

This is a discussion on Exactally How difficult is it to install new Pipes on a new bike? within the VTX forums, part of the Honda category; I have a Honda VTX 1300 and looking at some cobra long Slash cuts. Im sort of limited on tools, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008   #1

Default Exactally How difficult is it to install new Pipes on a new bike?

I have a Honda VTX 1300 and looking at some cobra long Slash cuts. Im sort of limited on tools, but don't mind getting what i may need, Like i guess a Torque wrench i think i seen was needed for something else i was going to do.Also it is Carb, not fuel injected, what is involved with a Jet Kit, how hard is it and is there instructions?Are they required after installing the pipes?Thanks for your input in advance!
Flawbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #2

It is only as hard as your mechanical abilities. None of it is that difficult, but since there is more involved than just a few screws, I would suggest letting the dealer do it if your not comfortable with adjusting the jets after they were installed.
Biker for Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #3

The mounting procedure, typically, is fairly easy.WIPE THE NEW PIPE DOWN WITH ALCOHOL TO PREVENT BLUE FINGERPRINTS and DEBREE BURNS FROM FORMINGThe jetting procedure can be tiresome but the results are worth it.
Coach Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #4

depends on how mechanical you are if there made for the bike then they should be just a bolt on not that hard and with jetting the carb there should be a install guide that should tell you what you will need as for jets but you will need to re-jet and adjust it to match the pipes your installing
azgreybeard is offline   Reply With Quote