Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > VTX > have a Honda vtx 1300?

have a Honda vtx 1300?

This is a discussion on have a Honda vtx 1300? within the VTX forums, part of the Honda category; i want to remove the emblem off of the gas tank, is that just glued on and if so will ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008   #1

Default have a Honda vtx 1300?

i want to remove the emblem off of the gas tank, is that just glued on and if so will it remove the paint that is underneath it
milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #2

no paint will come off use dental floss to take the emblem off
honda vtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #3

You can spray WD40 along the top of the emblem and that will eventually loosen the glue and it doesn't hurt paint. Also there is a product on the market at your local auto parts store for removing dealer stickers and such. I don't know the name of it but they'll point you to the product and it doesn't hurt the paint. Ever notice the cars kids drive today that have no tell tail sign of what kind of car it is?
blastabuelliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #4

I have the same bike VTX1300R and used fishing string to remove the emblem . Start at the fat end first ,if you start at the skinny end you may get caught up where it loops around , A few people said to use gas to get the sticky stuff off and it will work but it dulled my paint and had to go back and buff it back out .When you use fishing string, go as tight as you can and not to hit a lot of your gas tank because it will scratch the paint ./Peace
Terry S is offline   Reply With Quote