Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > VTX > Honda VTX 1300R tires and Oil

Honda VTX 1300R tires and Oil

This is a discussion on Honda VTX 1300R tires and Oil within the VTX forums, part of the Honda category; for owners or mechanics who work on these, how long should I expect the tires to last on a new ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008   #1

Default Honda VTX 1300R tires and Oil

for owners or mechanics who work on these, how long should I expect the tires to last on a new bike, I have put on 7000 miles so far this summer on them, I asked the salesman the other day and he told me probably 15000, but he is a salesman. How long have yours lasted? Also do you change your oil more than the every 8000 miles recommended, ThanksI did have it changed at 600 miles, and I changed it at 4000, owners manual says at 600, then every 8000, but I like changing oil more oftenI am pretty much a putter, I like to open it up now and then, but mostly puttering down alot of back country roads. I am not hard on the bike in any way, well maybe sometimesI stand corrected, I have put 6000 miles on them
Jon J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #2

I don't know anyone who lets their Oil go 8000 miles, even running Synthetic. As for tires, Your mileage will depend on the Tire compound, the Bike, and Your riding style. I have never gotten close to 10,000 miles on any tire but I like to corner carve.
Scott M is offline   Reply With Quote