Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > VTX > Which VTX motorcycle cruiser should I buy?

Which VTX motorcycle cruiser should I buy?

This is a discussion on Which VTX motorcycle cruiser should I buy? within the VTX forums, part of the Honda category; I've been shopping for a VTX cruiser for a while and I have it narrowed down to two similarly priced ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008   #1

Default Which VTX motorcycle cruiser should I buy?

I've been shopping for a VTX cruiser for a while and I have it narrowed down to two similarly priced 1300s. Please help me decide by providing reasons and advice from your experience. If its a close call, please state how much of a difference in price would cause you to change your choice. Here are the motorcycle profiles:2003 Honda VTX 1300R RetroRetro Style Spoke Tires14700 milesFoot PadsExtras: windshield, saddlebags, hand grips, crash bars, Custom Paint Job (Raiders'theme), sissybar2004 Honda VTX 1300C ClassicStylish Cast Tires7400 milesFoot PegsExtras: windshield, saddlebags, sissybarI will be using the motorcycle as my primary means of transportation. This means riding to work, all around the Bay Area, and longer road trips. Thanks for your help!
djz2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #2

I'd go with the 04 w/7400 miles. Spokes really do required some maintenance, and at nearly 15,000 miles for the 03, I'm willing to bet there has been none. Cast wheels do not flex as much as spoked wheels, but cannot be re-trued if misaligned. You can always get crashbars later. Personally, I prefer floorboards over footpegs, but those to can be purchased later.Plus, no matter how much people love their custom paint jobs, when it comes time to sell, one man's art is another man's graffiti.
MrPeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009   #3

Which ever one you choose you will be happy .Both are a good choice ,My preference is the Retro but not the Raiders Paint Job if your into the Raiders then it will work for you . Which ever you choose you can always make it your own by taking are adding to it /Peace and Enjoy ------
Terry S is offline   Reply With Quote