Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > VTX > What would be a good"starter"motorcycle for a 6'4"tall 300lbs guy

What would be a good"starter"motorcycle for a 6'4"tall 300lbs guy

This is a discussion on What would be a good"starter"motorcycle for a 6'4"tall 300lbs guy within the VTX forums, part of the Honda category; I am interested in getting a motorcycle for better fuel economy (commute to college/work), and for a bit of fun ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008   #1

Default What would be a good"starter"motorcycle for a 6'4"tall 300lbs guy

I am interested in getting a motorcycle for better fuel economy (commute to college/work), and for a bit of fun :DI know how to ride a bike but I haven't spent a lot of time on one. I am looking for more of a cruiser, with a bit of power!What would you recommend for a large man (6'4"and 300lbs)Bikes I have had a bit of interest in:Harley Davidson Night rod special (I hear this is longer than the v-rod, i rode a v-rod when it was released a while back and I didn't fit to well on it)Harley Davidson Fat Boy (probably around a 93)Honda VTX 1300Any suggestions/opinions would be awesome thanks in advance!
Lee S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #2

ok, so you dont have alot of experience, first, Id buy a USED bike, Next try not to go to heavy, and no v rod or crotch rocket, get a cruiser around 1100cc to 1300 cc, Honda and yamaha make very good ones and can be gotten cheap. Will fit your size, allow you to learn on a nimble safe bike, good for long trips, reliable and the right price.
rockbase is offline   Reply With Quote