Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > CBR > F2 stalls on hot days only?

F2 stalls on hot days only?

This is a discussion on F2 stalls on hot days only? within the CBR forums, part of the Honda category; When it strikes Ill be riding home from work. It will start surgeing and will not respond to throttle. Pull ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2011   #2

Sounds like a dying CDI, which cannot withstand high heat.
Old 06-12-2011   #3

Talking

I put new plugs in it over the weekend and some 93 oct fuel and it seem to be alright I did notice that the vent tube is holding a little gas some im bout to put the blow gun to it and hope it dont happen again but just incase what is a cdi box? is there a way to test it?
repsoul420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #4

No there is no way to test a CDI box according to the Shop Manuals I have on hand.
I'm glad to see changing plug helped. Old gas may have played a role too. You must avoid gas with ethanol content whenever possible. Fuel system parts (especially rubber) in vehicles built prior to 1992 will degrade and cause problems. Premium high octane fuel is usually ethanol free. Adding fuel stabilizer whenever you plan not to use your bike for more than two months is an essential precaution. Current shelf life of automotive fuel is 3 months.