Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Kawasaki > ZX1400 > zx-14 or zx-10 or R1?

zx-14 or zx-10 or R1?

This is a discussion on zx-14 or zx-10 or R1? within the ZX1400 forums, part of the Kawasaki category; OK..It's my first bike. Im 26, and mature. I have no interest in top seed or going 150mph. I do ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008   #1

Default zx-14 or zx-10 or R1?

OK..It's my first bike. Im 26, and mature. I have no interest in top seed or going 150mph. I do want a sport bike, the looks, the sound, and performance appeal to me greatly. I know they are fast and alot of bike for begineer, but I plan on taking it slow and learning to ride it. I took a harley out for 250 miles, had no problems. Big difference in the 2 I know. The zx-14 is big, and I am big, therefor it feels very comfortable. Zx-10 and R1 are about the same comfort wise. Is buying the 14 just stupid since im new? Is buying the 1000 stupid? Like I said, im looking to ride, not wheelies and 150mph. These are the only bikes im interested in, so am I going to be ok?
konfadence21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #2

get the zx6.. get the r6.. they all look near identical, and you won't have the throttle snap of the liter bike. Moto gp riders could barely squeeze all the power out of a 600 to its full potential on the street. Trust me, i love liter bikes.. but a 6 will do you just fine. Don't be superficial and ignorant and say you want a liter bike cuz you're manly. I've had them all.Shadhouse, their dynamics are the same. they can't outhandle a liter. and don't say that you aren't comfortable on a 6.. they are the same size
CrtchRktRcR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #3

Reconsider your options. If you have no interest in 150+ or top speed, then why do you need one of these race replica cannons? For under 150mph, even a ZX-6 or R6 will do you just fine, with lower cost and a MUCH smaller insurance hit. Keep in mind that the considered opinion of most of the motojournalists in America is that current sportbikes (most especially the liter class, but even the 600s) have significantly more capability than the great majority of riders. At your skill level, performance differences will be undetectable--go with the one that feels most comfortable. That said, and with your insistence on grabbing one of these tigers by the tail, be certain your health insurance (prolly thru your employer) will cover injuries sustained while motorycling. You'll need it. For the record, I seriously doubt you'll"be ok"with one of those as a first bike.
avengingeagle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #4

Dude, A 600 will out handle a 1000 I ride a 600 I am a big guy and if I even think about opening it up I am well over the speed limit.
shadouse is offline   Reply With Quote