Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha > R1 > Yamaha R15 and yamaha R1 rear tire swap?

Yamaha R15 and yamaha R1 rear tire swap?

This is a discussion on Yamaha R15 and yamaha R1 rear tire swap? within the R1 forums, part of the Yamaha category; i'm planning on swapping my Yamaha R15's rear tire for the R1'z tire which is 190/50-17 in size.PLZ let me ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008   #1

Default Yamaha R15 and yamaha R1 rear tire swap?

i'm planning on swapping my Yamaha R15's rear tire for the R1'z tire which is 190/50-17 in size.PLZ let me know if it is possible for this to happen without any modificational requirements on itThanx
Amrit S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #2

It will never work unless you make big changes to the bike.First, the stock rim is not wise enough to fit the 190 tire. The R1 uses a rim almost 5 inches wide.Second, the swing ar is not wide enough to allow the tire to fit in between the forks.Third, the tire will interfere with the chain because it is so much wider than stock.Fourth, the R15 does not have enough horse power to take advantage of a tire as big as a 190. You need at least 100hp or more before you need a 190 wide tire.So have a new wheel made, then modify the swing arm and the output shaft from the transmission with the end result that the bike is slower and does not handle as well as stock.You might reconsider your plans. ------
MotoMan is offline   Reply With Quote