Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha > R6 > 2001 yamaha R6 changed rear tire and wobble feeling-help!?

2001 yamaha R6 changed rear tire and wobble feeling-help!?

This is a discussion on 2001 yamaha R6 changed rear tire and wobble feeling-help!? within the R6 forums, part of the Yamaha category; changed rear tire on R6 and everything is tight-secure as i go down the road it feels little draggy-not as ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2008   #1

Default 2001 yamaha R6 changed rear tire and wobble feeling-help!?

changed rear tire on R6 and everything is tight-secure as i go down the road it feels little draggy-not as smooth as with old tire...when i installed tire we put valve stem in appropriate place(area w paint dot)-it also happened to be opposite the stick on wheel weights that were already on the cycle...when i go down the road i get a wobble feeling in back...just enough to scare me...what do i check first? I know the axle lineup marks on the back are off 1 tiny notch on the right side--mark 8 and the left side is at mark 9 (were talking 1 cm)could this be thee whole problem? OR is most likely the tire just needs balanced? also i heard i can static balance the rear tire on the back with brakes still attached---help! help! thanks...
timnlindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #2

Check and make sure the tire is well seated on the rim and not slightly cocked in a place or two and not sitting tightly on the rim. This would cause an out of round situation. Get the rear wheel off the ground, crank the engine and let the rear wheel turn. Watch it closely and see if it is wobbling side to side or up and down. I believe you will find your problem. Good luck. Pops.
Pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #3

Check the tire rotation.You may have mounted the tire backwards.On the sidewall of the tire, is a direction arrow (it should point in the direction that the wheel rotates).
guardrailjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009   #4

Line up the axle marks! For the love of Mike! ------
emucompboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009   #5

Take your bike to a shop and have tie tire properly spin balanced. All manner of things become apparent when you can see the tire spin up, especially if its seated properly or out of round.
1oldman is offline   Reply With Quote