Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Kawasaki > Vulcans > What Motorcycle should I buy?

What Motorcycle should I buy?

This is a discussion on What Motorcycle should I buy? within the Vulcans forums, part of the Kawasaki category; I started riding again on a CM400 about 4 years ago. 3 years ago, I bought a Harley Electraglide Classic ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009   #1

Default What Motorcycle should I buy?

I started riding again on a CM400 about 4 years ago. 3 years ago, I bought a Harley Electraglide Classic (FLHTCI). After putting 3500 miles on it, I sold it. It was too top-heavy and awkward for the back road curvy riding that I like to do with my son. I carried my wife on it a couple of times for maybe 200 miles and stressed the entire trip worried about dropping her and the bike. I went too large, too soon. It was nice getting to 90 that fast...but I don't normally do that.I am almost 60. Wife and I combined weigh about 350 lbs (210 me; 140 her). After searching the choices, I like most everything about the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 and Suzuki C50C. Especially the look and feel of the Suzuki. The Yamaha 1100 is out due to air-cooling, carburetion, and having to take off the exhaust to change the oil filter. Honda Shadow 1100 has poorly placed exhaust for me and overpriced for a 2007 here.Am I gonna be happier with the Kawasaki or the Suzuki? Is there a better choice???Hadn't really considered that some Harleys have a lower CG. Swinging them around thru curves might now be so bad. I looked at the specs and it seems the Dyna Lowrider and the Wide-glide Custom might be something to further evaluate.Sorry, the Honda Gold Wing is as heavy or heavier and sounds like a vacuum cleaner to me. ------
BuckarooBanzai is offline   Reply With Quote