Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Insurance > How much does motorcycle insurance cost?

How much does motorcycle insurance cost?

This is a discussion on How much does motorcycle insurance cost? within the Motorcycle Insurance forums, part of the General category; Im planning on purchasing an'08 kawasaki ninja 250 for college but I am doing so without my parents approval which ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008   #1

Default How much does motorcycle insurance cost?

Im planning on purchasing an'08 kawasaki ninja 250 for college but I am doing so without my parents approval which means i have to pay for everything (bummer!) But I was wondering how much typical insurance would be for a bike like this???
RedRaiderAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #2

Haha, no parents approval! Too familiar a story!Here is the tip on insurance. Most companies (like Gaico, which I have for my bike) offer free quotes online. Hence, even if you don't have a bike, you can go and fill one out (with the name/year of the bike you want) and see what it will give you. Motorcycle Safety course reduces the cost of insurance.250cc ninja is a great bike. The insurance on those is isually fairly low, since insurance is basically cc dependednt. However, since 08 has the new (sportbike) styling, i believe insurace would be higher.good luck.
OhWhyDontIknowMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #3

I also have Geico . I have a Big Dog motorcycle. It is a 1916 cc engine, or 117 C.I. Full coverage for me is 480 a year and is based on the bike costing 34000 dollars, but I'm also 53 years old, but if you check with Geico online it should be pretty cheap on a 250, but also your age could affect the rate some.
rem552000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #4

A student, under 20, full coverage, the word Ninja somewhere on the page...........I'll guess half the cost of the bike per year and very possibly more.
billcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #5

A friend of mine just bought one and his insurance by himself is $660 a year.
jordan m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #6

A friend of mine just bought one also, 35 year old male with good driving record, and he is paying $40 a month.
Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #7

I am paying $321.00 a year for a 07 H-D Sportster through Foremost Insurance ,I am a 45 male with a good driving record in California
dreynolds699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012   #8

You have got many suggestions from forum members, but you need to consult for more information, about bike insurance, and insurance provider can help you better than others.I don't know more about purchasing bike insurance and how much you have to pay for bike insurance.
Old 08-07-2012   #9

I have question about the Salvage or used bikes. What are the terms and conditions for Used or Salvage motorcycles.