Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki > RM > 1986 RM 125 Issues

1986 RM 125 Issues

This is a discussion on 1986 RM 125 Issues within the RM forums, part of the Suzuki category; Ok so my rm 125 has a few problems. Im kind of lost on the clutch because everything i have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012   #1

Exclamation 1986 RM 125 Issues

Ok so my rm 125 has a few problems. Im kind of lost on the clutch because everything i have tried wont work but this is what my problems are.

First off i get the bike, it didnt have the motor on the bike itself, the kid i got it from had some work done because a bolt broke where the water pump bolts onto the motor so he had a guy reweld the part the bolt goes into. So he says it runs just put it back together.

So i we did, we got everything back together and the clutch level was jimmied, the perch wasnt on it so it had some zip tie thing going on. Switched the lever with a working one. Get the clutch on and adjust it to where it should be working properly and when you press the clutch you gen tension(like the clutch is working) but it wont disengage.

So im thinking well the motor did sit dry for a bit. I put oil in it and tried to get it running. i read sometimes the clutch sticks when it has been dry or not running(it is a brand new clutch)for a length of time. So i figure get it running and see if it will work itself out. I get all the fluids in it everything backtogether properly and as i kick it nothing, so i figure w/e ill stick it in 2nd and push it. Then coolant starts pissing out the exhaust, so now im like WTF.

we took the motor back out took the top end off and the guy who took the top end prior decided it was a good idea to construct his own gaskets. So thats why im thinking it was pissing coolant everywhere inside the motor. A few little things need reaplcing but other then that everything seems mechanically intact.(i have a clymers manual i used for ref)

Alright so after reading my essay this is where i need help. I put the clutch in it about 3 times trying different things and it would never disengage. Is there anything i did while i was in there that could of thrown this off? i mean according to the blow up i have every part and its in correctly. But it still wont disengage. Like i said brand new clutch, also when i took it apart it had an extra bearing not required by the blow up diagram. I wrote this quickly so ask questions and i can better add info as needed.
dizzlekrew is offline   Reply With Quote