Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Kawasaki > KX > Where can i get a good dirt bike!?

Where can i get a good dirt bike!?

This is a discussion on Where can i get a good dirt bike!? within the KX forums, part of the Kawasaki category; Ok .. Im 16 And really want a dirt bike. I Have no experience in riding one, but have got ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2008   #1

Default Where can i get a good dirt bike!?

Ok .. Im 16 And really want a dirt bike. I Have no experience in riding one, but have got experience in riding a 340cc Quad. Ive been looking around and the prices seem to vary everywere. I Realise the importance of having a good quality bike, but i dont want to spend too much money because ... well i dont have much !Ive been looking at the Kawasaki KX65 and The KTM SX65 wich ive noticed you can buy second hand for about £500 ... but this is still too expensive!Does anybody know where i can get a cheap, good quality bike, it must be a DIRT BIKE or PIT BIKE, i have no intrest in choppers or road bikes.Really appreciate your help !THANKS !P.sHas anyone bought from this site before? is it good? ive noticed there are dirt bikes for £180 !http://www.funbikes.co.uk/c-mini_mot...5.aspxThankyou (:
Hannah S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #2

...must you please learn how to use a clutch before buying a bike and runing it.No dont buy from a site like that they look very fake.go to a honda or yamaha store, if you get a bike you need to get somthing good cheap=crummyy.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #3

People who are interested in pit bikes don't generally go for something like the kx65. They are a 2 stroke racing bike and really would not make a good knock around bike. Obviously you are not interested in racing the bike as at 16 you are too old to race a 65cc as kids only race them till they turn 13. So if it is a pit bike you are after you would be better off with a crf50 which you could get heaps of after market parts for. The only way to get one cheap is to keep looking around and searching online. Craigslist may have something in your area and any other classifieds. Be careful of cheap junk as you are really just throwing your money away.
auburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #4

Do not even think about starting with a kx65... It's a 2stroke race bike that has way too much power for a beginer like you. A wise move would be a 4stroke 125. They have decent power, but not enough to cause problems. It's great for learning how to use a clutch as well.A yamaha tt-r 125 is the bike i learned how to use a clutch, it should be perfect for you as well.And one more thing, there's no way you can find a dirtbike for $500. One that starts that is...
IVIahyem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #5
J D

You have quad experience so I'm asumming you know how to shift and can handle the pull of the quad..If you are looking for a beat around, ride once in a while.. Go with a 2 stroke.. They are simple to maintain, have high end power, but with the small cc, it won't be anything crazy.. You can over rev it in a lower gear, allowing you to really keep your speed in check and not worry about causing serious damage. They are inexpensive.4 - stroke maintance is more expensive compared to a 2 - stroke maintance. I would go with a 2 stroke.. the power may be a little more, but nothing you can't handle, or keep in a lower gear till you are ready to shift to the next.KTM is more expensive to maintan then other similar cc bikes.. just the way that brand is.. ------
J D is offline   Reply With Quote