Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > CR > is a cr125 a fast and powerfull bike?

is a cr125 a fast and powerfull bike?

This is a discussion on is a cr125 a fast and powerfull bike? within the CR forums, part of the Honda category; im going to be buying a 125....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008   #1

Default is a cr125 a fast and powerfull bike?

im going to be buying a 125.
elijah k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #2

If you've got a smaller stature it'll be plenty fine. Let's say, less than 5'8 and less than 145 lbs, the bike will be awesome! They make sweet trail bikes too because they're so light. Have fun with it!
shane s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #3

its fast and powerful compared to a 50cc.. they are good beginner bikes
gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #4

I reckon it will do 65 mph. And all the power is in the power band. That's almost wide open. You will know when you hit it. The front tire will come off the ground. I have a kx250.
mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #5

a cr125 compares to a crf250 they are power full bikes and you will defiantly know when the power band comes on. I have a yz125 and it is pure power it will do about 65-70mph.
go fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #6

First of all - it depends on how experienced you are. The more experience you have on a particular model and cc the easier it is to ride. If you are staring out - the 125 can be a powerful little bike. If you have been riding for years on these - you will find more cc's are more suitable for your needs. It depends on which model it is - for example the pre-80's models are more conservative to ride , the post 80's are more powerful and edgy than their predecessors. CR125's are used in competition riding and can be powerful and fast - but again work it out with your size and experience.
Kawi King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #7

Don't listen to that first guy, a CR125 is awesome and I have even owned a KX500 but I still love the 125's. If you haven't ridden very many bikes or haven't ridden one as big you will be amazed with the power and handeling of a CR125... Don't be fooled by it's cc's...it's still designed for experienced riders in closed course competition only...(it say's that on the frame) But it is a race bike...Honda did their homework and they don't play around when it comes to racing... ------
barfoeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #8

i own a cr 125 i use it for trail riding a lot. It is a very quick bike and will accelerate faster than a lot of other machines out there. They are easy to hit crazy trails with because they are light and easy to handle in tight spots. The only downfall is that it is a racing bike so it does lack the torque so you have to feather the clutch and rev it near powerband to do any technical stuff and that can get you in trouble some times.
bluesheild is offline   Reply With Quote