Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Financing > Do Motorcycle Dealers Cut Deals/Haggle?

Do Motorcycle Dealers Cut Deals/Haggle?

This is a discussion on Do Motorcycle Dealers Cut Deals/Haggle? within the Motorcycle Financing forums, part of the General category; I know this may be a bit of a silly question: The bike is advertised at $4,899 through a local ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2008   #1

Default Do Motorcycle Dealers Cut Deals/Haggle?

I know this may be a bit of a silly question: The bike is advertised at $4,899 through a local dealer. I'm looking to put down $500 and finance the rest with them. The bike has been sitting on their lot for over a month since I first looked at it. The price hasn't gone down, however, in your experience, is it likely that if I offer them to buy the bike for $4,399 that they would take the offer in addition to my $500 down with financing? I've never haggled, so I don't know if that offer is worth extending. I really appreciate any help and advice you can offer.
keylime1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #2

At this time any dealer will negotiate to sell a vehicle. I would try and find out what the invoice price is and offer a little more. The worst they can do is refuse the offer. Good luck.
SkyPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #3

Nothing wrong with negotiating. Thankfully there are bike dealers everywhere. So if you turn one off, then move on. Eventually, you'll get what you're looking for, as long as it is reasonable. ------
tekwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #4

Maybe you've heard there are some economic problems now.That means sales are down... for everyone... including the Motorcycle dealer.That means he WANTS TO DEAL.So it depends some on what his margin is, and how long that bike has been sitting waiting to be sold, but some good chance that if you ask for a discount that may work out. ------
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012   #5

That was really a good deal, if dealers cut the haggle on motorcycle then you can easily look for such a good offer as it will save plenty of money.