Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Financing > How can I get good motorcycle financing with bad credit?

How can I get good motorcycle financing with bad credit?

This is a discussion on How can I get good motorcycle financing with bad credit? within the Motorcycle Financing forums, part of the General category; I had perfect credit up to a year ago, when personal issues required me to file bankruptcy. That was in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2008   #1

Default How can I get good motorcycle financing with bad credit?

I had perfect credit up to a year ago, when personal issues required me to file bankruptcy. That was in January of 2007. The bankruptcy has now been discharged. Anyways, I am looking at a Yamaha YZF-R6S. I have more then enough to pay for insurance and the monthly payments, but there is no way that I will be able to get financed by the dealer. Can anybody tell me any places that I can go that may work with my credit score of 579? Also, if anybody else has any other bikes 600cc and up that they would recommend, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
jpizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008   #2

you are in trouble my bro just tried financing a bike and he's having to wait until 1 year is up from the dicharge date (dischared 12/07 has to wait until 12/07) the only other way is go to a bank and maybe put around 25% down and then on top of every thing there is the credit problems in general right now (mostly morgages) that are making the lenders nervous about people with 620 or less credit scores also just a note you can get your credit score up by contesting everything on your credit report 2x's its alot of paperwork and time but he jumped his from 521 to 635 in less than 6 mos good luck
dead7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008   #3

You filed bankruptcy, and now you want a magic bank to finance you with poor credit? It's not gonna happen. You FILED BANKRUPTCY, and it stays on your credit report for 7 years even if it was discharged. Banks don't care what your problem was, all they see is the bankruptcy, and they don't owe you squat.You might try a credit union, but you'll have to open an account with them first before they'll grant you financing. they have FAR better rates than a dealer anyway, but YOU will probably be staring down the barrel of a 14% finance rate (at best) regardless.Lesson learned: don't file bankruptcy and expect everything to be OK afterwards. It tells people that you can't handle money properly.
bikernoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #4

Using a co-signer can be an effective way around a loan rejection scenario, but only if the co-signer understands what he is getting into. With co-signing, some specific risks can apply to those who are vouching for someone Else's borrowing plan.