Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha > FZ1 > Upgrading motorcycle, which is a better all around bike, Honda 919 or Yamaha FZ1?

Upgrading motorcycle, which is a better all around bike, Honda 919 or Yamaha FZ1?

This is a discussion on Upgrading motorcycle, which is a better all around bike, Honda 919 or Yamaha FZ1? within the FZ1 forums, part of the Yamaha category; I have been riding an old Suzuki Intruder for some time and want to upgrade to a bigger naked bike ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2008   #1

Default Upgrading motorcycle, which is a better all around bike, Honda 919 or Yamaha FZ1?

I have been riding an old Suzuki Intruder for some time and want to upgrade to a bigger naked bike. I am very interested in the FZ1 and the Honda 919 since I hear mostly positive things about them. I am 6'3"- about 250 lbs and am tired of feeling too big on my little 700cc intruder :).I am also looking for something a passenger can be comfortable on (the wife is tall as well ~ 5'10") I really don't want a cruiser.If anyone can point me in the right direction as to what years/models are best all around bikes, that would be awesome!(Note: I have sat on both bikes and like them both about the same)Thanks!
MrIntruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008   #2

BOY>>>>are you in for a suprise..........Getting off the Intruder&going to the FZ1 or 919 is going to be like steping of a scooter&getting on the Intruder...the bikes your looking at have a lot more go than the intruder..its not neccesarily to big a jump... but be aware they are fast bikes..&either one will be more than enough..
easygoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008   #3

brand new FZ1 would be the best bet. It's bigger and has much more horsepower and features. The Honda has 115 hp the yami has 150 the honda is a bare naked while the yami has a half fairing and windscreen. The yamaha may be a bit more money but in the end it will be the bike you will want to live with long after the newness wears off.
rhand182 is offline   Reply With Quote