Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha > FZ6 > The ultimate ride gear while riding a Yamaha FZ6?

The ultimate ride gear while riding a Yamaha FZ6?

This is a discussion on The ultimate ride gear while riding a Yamaha FZ6? within the FZ6 forums, part of the Yamaha category; Hi, I'm a newbie at this. I plan on getting a brand new yamaha fz6 as my first bike next ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2008   #1

Default The ultimate ride gear while riding a Yamaha FZ6?

Hi, I'm a newbie at this. I plan on getting a brand new yamaha fz6 as my first bike next spring. Any tips on what gear I should get is greatly appreciated.-jackets-gloves-helmets-etc.Thanks
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008   #2

i recoamend if your cool.... dont wear a helmet( if your new yes) if not i recamend sunglasses alot cooler and easyer for hot wather. leather jacket, boots, gloves (chaps only if you want) good luck and email me if you got any more questions good luck [=
Jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #3

yep, jerry.you might possibly crash, fall or get run over. So to reduce the injury or death possabilitys....Get a full face solid 1 pc helmet with a good top side vent. You have to buy a dot approved helmet and must try it on, so get it at a local motorcycle shop.Sun glass's as needed even with a face shield.Full finger gloves.jacket with full armor, chest,sholder,elbo's and back.either heavy jeans, or preferably"Draggin Jeans"that wont rip off of you leaving you scarred when you fall. You can find them on the web.I wear sneakers, but good solid boots with a non slip sole should be worn.Thats a start....enjoy your soon to be new bike.
rockbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #4

As the above poster wrote definitely a full faced helmet, one that fits properly (reason being it will save your noggin of you happen to hit the pavement,and the adage of $10 helmet for a $10 head so how you price your brains will determine how much is left when they scrape you off the road.) As for sunglasses you can wear them under your visor during the times you need it and remove them at night. A fully armoured jacket again it's to help prvent those breaks and fractures yes draggin pant can be useful but if you are going to pay the price for them you may as well get the fully armoured pants and you get a touch more protection from them as well (not to mention that you can wear regular cloths underneath and just remove the outer pant....handy especially in summer) Fully finger glovers, that you can wear all year round (you never know when that next rain shower is going to hit and it can get quite cool at top speeds. The proper motorcycle boots, as they are designed to withstand a bit of wear and tear not to meantion heat.Kit yourself out properly and if for some reason you and your your ride come acropper, you have a better survival chance
ozraikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #5

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...t_Riding_G.htm
Emmett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #6

jackets = Joe Rocket, Icon, Alpinestar, Shiftgloves full fingered =Shift ,Icon ,Alpinestar ,Frank ThomasHelmets full face one peice design = KBC ,HJC ,Shoei ,Araiand boots that cover your anlkes
dreynolds699 is offline   Reply With Quote