Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha > FZ6 > whats a good starter bike the CBR600RR, Yamaha FZ6, Suzuki GSX-R600?

whats a good starter bike the CBR600RR, Yamaha FZ6, Suzuki GSX-R600?

This is a discussion on whats a good starter bike the CBR600RR, Yamaha FZ6, Suzuki GSX-R600? within the FZ6 forums, part of the Yamaha category; i have no prior ridding expirience but i will take the MSFcourse. please explain why you reccomend the bike...thanks...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008   #1

Default whats a good starter bike the CBR600RR, Yamaha FZ6, Suzuki GSX-R600?

i have no prior ridding expirience but i will take the MSFcourse. please explain why you reccomend the bike...thanks
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #2

dude! its all up to your own personal preference. i started on a gsxr600 because that's the bike i wanted. whats the point of buying and riding a bike you are going to get used to if all you are going to end up doing is getting a different one. all bikes ride a bit different, nothing major though. i've rode plenty of bikes before, yamaha's, honda's, Kawasaki's, but when it came to buying my own, i went with the brand I PERSONALLY enjoyed riding the best. be careful out there.
fmviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #3
L70

Alright Oscar, here is the deal. I know what you’re going through because I was in the same spot not too long ago. I was thinking of getting a used, cheap bike or a new regular “nake” bike to learn to ride on. I went to the dealership and came out with a new 2008 gsxr 750. Yes, its true that for beginners, you will hit the throttle on accident but I’ve been lucky. Each time I’ve done that, I’ve always had my clutch engaged. I would suggest you get what you want. Honda Cbr600 is the strongest in its class but suzuki makes great bikes! I was going to get the gsxr 600 but my cousins told me that I will probably tire of it within a year learning to ride it and that I would want to upgrade. I have a 750 and although its great, I wish I would’ve bought the 1000. I also didn’t have any experience and my cousin taught me how to ride. It’s a lot of fun. The most important thing I can tell you is to not panic! I almost died because I panicked! Also get frame sliders just incase you drop your bike, not much damage is done to the fairings. Also, remember, when riding a motorcycle, its counter steering.. not like a regular bike. Push right, lean right, turn right and vice versa. Good luck
L70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #4

I think the CBR 600 f (2001-on) is a great choice. It gives you the sports look, with a slightly less highly strung motor. you could ride it 100 miles take it on a track day, And it'll performance won't be the worst in any respect. comfort for those long days in the saddle, Knees down in the corners, wheelies if you wish (not recommended on the road.) I personally have had a 2003fs model from new and its a great tool. I ride in a group of r1's gixxer1000's and cbr1000 and don't get left behind.
Gary B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #5

I agree w/ L70 Get what you want and don't ride outside your limits or let people"dare"you exceeding your skill level. I initally wanted a GSX-R 600, but after a"scare"I decided to get a new suzuki boulevard s40 which is a cruiser. After taking the MSF course, I found that I love curves and lean into them whenever I can. I also found that my bike isn't that good on the interstate past 65-70 MPH. In my town, you need to have the power to keep up with traffic. So after 700 miles or so I decided I need to upgrade to a GSX-R 600, but since there is not a huge difference between a 600 and a 750. I'm getting the 750. I will keep my cruiser and continue to improve my skills until I get the GSX-RTake the class, get what you want, and take your time to learn your bike and improve your skills.
Lele44 is offline   Reply With Quote