Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha > FZ6 > Yamaha FZ6, Good Starter Bike?

Yamaha FZ6, Good Starter Bike?

This is a discussion on Yamaha FZ6, Good Starter Bike? within the FZ6 forums, part of the Yamaha category; I'm pretty sold on this bike, seems to be the best of the top brands for 600cc range. I'll be ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008   #1

Default Yamaha FZ6, Good Starter Bike?

I'm pretty sold on this bike, seems to be the best of the top brands for 600cc range. I'll be using the bike for commuting roughly 15miles a day and then weekly trips of 200miles so it needs some power. I've taken the MSF course and have a license and all. I just want some pros/cons and maybe some other important info.
paulybauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #2

The only problem you'll have with the FZ6 is the 200 mile weekly trips. It takes a toll on your back and your triceps and elbows...surprisingly more stress on the arms. But overall if a rice rocket is what your looking for its got plenty of power and good on gas.
zebj25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #3

You have made the second best choice. (IMHO)If you can get a mint 2002 or 2003 FZS600 (Foxeye model) with the Thundercat engine that would be the bees knees.However, the newer FZ6 is an excellent first bike>I'll not wibble on about it. Have a read of this:-http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_0402_yamaha_fz6/.My experience of the 600 Fazer is that it is an excellent all round bike. Good at most things and excells at some.As a tourer, I found it a bit'buzzy'due to the high revs but very comfortable riding position ( I'm slim 5'9") and can sustain higher cruising speeds than you would really need.As a commuter it really is good. You will be late every day because you don't wan't to get off so you go round the block again.It is also a fantastic hooligans bike, it goes like sh*t off a shovel, is incredibly flickable round the twisties, got a really decent top whack which is too scary for me and it will do stoppies and wheelies no bother.It also looks good and lots of opportunities for bolt on goodies if you are so inclined.Another good point, cheap spare parts abound on ebay.I bought two bikes since, but I still got my Fazer, I just can't let it go.PSI forgot to add that it has very good manners, well balanced and no vices.Two best mods:- Rear Hugger, double bubble screen.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote