Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha > FZ6 > yamaha fz6 and kawasaki zzr600. which is the better choice?

yamaha fz6 and kawasaki zzr600. which is the better choice?

This is a discussion on yamaha fz6 and kawasaki zzr600. which is the better choice? within the FZ6 forums, part of the Yamaha category; I am around 5'11"and 160. I am a new rider and wasn't sure whether or not to spend the extra ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2008   #1

Default yamaha fz6 and kawasaki zzr600. which is the better choice?

I am around 5'11"and 160. I am a new rider and wasn't sure whether or not to spend the extra money on the zzr. Which bike would be the best choice?
Evan P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008   #2

I believe the zzr is more of a sportbike in that the positioning is more like the nature of a sportbike and it probably will outperform the fz6 as well. The fz6 is much better for a beginner because it is more of a upright position and it is very agile and you can manuever it much better than the zzr. It probably is lighter bike also compared to the zzr. Seating position is a big diffrence so decide what style of bike you want and go from there. Good luck ...and remember ATGAT.
Miagi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #3

I really think this comes down to a personal choice and what you would use it for. Just a few days ago I was at a Yamaha dealership and I just like the way the FZ6 fits me. Not to mention, I think the looks and design are quite nice.I'm 5'10"and 225. The Kawasaki bike's are high quality also. I'll have to try the ZZR sometime. I like to study specifications.
XLT Bowflex is offline   Reply With Quote