Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Racing > MotoGP > Have electronics ruined this years MotoGP Championship?

Have electronics ruined this years MotoGP Championship?

This is a discussion on Have electronics ruined this years MotoGP Championship? within the MotoGP forums, part of the Racing category; Listening to the Eurosport commentary team and reading stories on Yahoo.Eurosport it seems that Casey Stoner continues to use full ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2008   #1

Default Have electronics ruined this years MotoGP Championship?

Listening to the Eurosport commentary team and reading stories on Yahoo.Eurosport it seems that Casey Stoner continues to use full traction control while most other riders including other Ducati riders have turned it down. Stoner can be seen cracking the throttle wide open before an apex (e.g. Melbourne Loop, Donnington) and have no wheelspin and Rossi for example can smoke the tyre out of turns (e.g. last corner at Portugal).Surely the premier class should make an ex club racer like myself wonder how an earth those guys ride a bike so fast, not"i could do that".
heopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #2

No I don't think it has ruined it at all. Casey's achievement this year is nothing short of incredible and he has to ride the bike. If it was such an advantage then you can bet everyone would be using it. Remember Ducati are not the huge concern that Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha are and thus anything they can get is available to the big 4 in droves.As much as I wanted to Vale to win, I still take my hat off to Casey and admire what he has done.If anything the tyre rule has had a more detrimental effect in my opinion and they should go back to what they had before - NOT a one tyre regulation as is being talked about.The whole point of MotoGP bikes are that they are prototypes and as far as I am concerned I want to see them being developed within as loose a set of rules as possible to give the absolute pinnacle of motorcycle racing on the planet.
ShuggieMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #3

firstly any technology that improves the safety of any sport is welcomed, especially in motor sports when high speeds are involved and death can occur.if it improves the safety first and as a bi-product increases speeds and race entertainement, then, sure go for it.technology wont be stopped, there are advances every day, some good, some bad.
Paul S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #4

If they restrict development who knows what we are going to miss out on. Not all new ideas are good ideas. but its what makes for good racing. someone has to develop an idea and have the guts to try it under race conditions. they should allow as free a hand as is possible withing the rules. they are always going to try and bend the rules to their own advantage. and I say let them.
proc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #5

It's called progress,when I raced we didn't have fat tyres,slicks etc, but we still went as fast as we could. ------
solara437 is offline   Reply With Quote