Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Racing > MotoGP > MotoGP/AMA Pro racing - deaths and injuries statistics?

MotoGP/AMA Pro racing - deaths and injuries statistics?

This is a discussion on MotoGP/AMA Pro racing - deaths and injuries statistics? within the MotoGP forums, part of the Racing category; I'm not talking about motocross or drag racing, I'm talking about flat road course racing, like MotoGP, AMA Pro Superbike ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009   #1

Default MotoGP/AMA Pro racing - deaths and injuries statistics?

I'm not talking about motocross or drag racing, I'm talking about flat road course racing, like MotoGP, AMA Pro Superbike racing, and the like.How many deaths have occurred in this sport overall? How common are injuries? I'm sure there are plenty of broken arms and sprained ankles, but how many broken necks, backs, and comas?I'm curious because I want to gauge how dangerous the sport is. I've heard people say it's much safer than you might think because everyone's going in the same direction and deer aren't crossing the road (like riding your Sportster 45mph on your way to work).Usually, when I see MotoGP or Superbike wrecks, the guy skids on the ground for 100ft, gets up, dusts himself off, and walks away.I was trying to figure out how dangerous it really is, because I think it'd be fun to get into cycle racing myselfI meant to say that riding your sportster 45mph to work is not like racing- there ARE deer crossing the road, and people are driving in all different directions. ------
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote