Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki > SV650 > Any ideas for a good first bike for a female?

Any ideas for a good first bike for a female?

This is a discussion on Any ideas for a good first bike for a female? within the SV650 forums, part of the Suzuki category; Hi, i have just passed my bike test and are looking for a good first bike. Im female but quite ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2008   #1

Default Any ideas for a good first bike for a female?

Hi, i have just passed my bike test and are looking for a good first bike. Im female but quite tall (5', and have been looking at the suzuki sv650. Heard nothing but good reviews about this bike, but if anyone has any other ideas it would be a massive help. Thanks
Wendy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #2

The sv650 is a great bike. I have a buddy with one and he loves it. I realize the temptation of getting a really nice bike for your first but keep in mind that the sv650 can get over 120mph without breaking a sweat.If it's your first ever bike, I'd really recommend something like a USED 250 ninja (if you're going the sport bike route) or a Honda Rebel (if you're leaning toward a cruiser). These are smaller, lighter and less expensive. You can get a used one pretty cheap and ride it for a season (even just a few months) to get some experience before you step up to a bigger bike.You have the advantage of learning on something that won't get away from you as easily and if you drop it (it happens) you won't be heartbroken because you dented the tank on your new bike.
Mark B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #3

Make that your second bike.For your first, get a used Kawasaki Ninja 250. Ride it for six months, then sell it for about the same price you paid for it. Then buy the Suzuki SV650s. Reason: your first bike is going to end up on its side. It's easier to pick up a Ninja 250 than an SV650.
emucompboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #4

i agree there! I have a honda rebel 250 as my first bike. I'm quite a bit smaller than you (5'2") and with a little umph i can get it right side up again with out having to wait for someone to help. it may not seem like a big deal, but if you lay it down (which i can guarantee will happen at least once) it's nice knowing your leg isn't trapped under a hot muffler until someone should happen by. O.o
mstrygrl08 is offline   Reply With Quote