Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki > SV650 > Piaggio MP3 400/500 vs Suzuki SV650/Vstrom650?

Piaggio MP3 400/500 vs Suzuki SV650/Vstrom650?

This is a discussion on Piaggio MP3 400/500 vs Suzuki SV650/Vstrom650? within the SV650 forums, part of the Suzuki category; Well I am on the fence between which to get for my first bike. I hear the positives and negatives ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2008   #1

Default Piaggio MP3 400/500 vs Suzuki SV650/Vstrom650?

Well I am on the fence between which to get for my first bike. I hear the positives and negatives of both. I would like to hear from anyone but would love to hear from those who have ridden similar bikes like the Suzuki and ridden the Piaggio.The thing that is pleasing to me with the Piaggio it's different and has the extra third wheel for extra grip when hitting imperfection along with wet road and grave. I know it can still be dropped but that is one less thing I have to worry about on the road. Seems more friendly for passangers.The thing I like about the Suzuki is that it's a bit cheaper (sv650) or the same (Vstrom) and it's a bike. More power for those times that you can open the throttle to get out of bad situations. Also you can load it up for possible road trips.The down side with the Piaggio is the cost and only 500cc at max. The Suzuki is that fact that maybe the passanger may not be comfortable on the back on trips.I would love to travel with my girl.Thx
sh1bby69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #2

Get the SV650, so many possibilities that bike offers compared to you're other choices.You'll get more respect on it than a scooter.You can buy way more modificationsYou can grow with it through modifications, not just outgrow the bike and sell it. (For example, putting a GSXR600 front end on it, exhaust, etc.)Faster than all, flexible V-Twin engine.Get bags for it if you want...fairings, etc.
Little Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #3

GO WITH THE MP3 500! My boss has the 250 and it is soooo easy to ride. It holds itself up... it has a button you can hit when you are stopped that locks the front end so you dont even have to put your feet down. Its also such a smoother ride... you can go over railroad tracks and things and barely even feel it. It practically holds itself up and plus its a definate head turner and conversation piece with that wicked front end.
Jon J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #4

I can only comment on the Suzuki SV, V Strom 650 (same engine)I know nothing about the Piaggio MP3The negatives about the Suzuki SV-V Strom 650extreme chain and sprocket backlashboth are plagued with electrical problemsextreme junky sounding engine and gear noise after engine break interrible Suzuki warranty and serviceThe Positivesboth are great bikes for riding a passengerexcellent torque, but not the top of the class in performancegreat fuel mileage ------
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote