Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki > SV650 > SV650 electrical problems?

SV650 electrical problems?

This is a discussion on SV650 electrical problems? within the SV650 forums, part of the Suzuki category; I was riding in very heavy traffic, really slowly filtering. When there was a gap I put on the gas ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008   #1

Default SV650 electrical problems?

I was riding in very heavy traffic, really slowly filtering. When there was a gap I put on the gas a little, then my bike died. Managed to free wheel to the side of the road, it wasn't like the engine went bang or anything I just lost all power. My dad gave me a jump of his car and it started no problem. About a mile down the road the same thing happened, another jump and off we went. If i kept the revs pretty high I could keep her going but as soon as I dropped the revs it died. When I got home it wouldn't start again, lights were coming on but not enough juice to start the bike. Put the battery on charge, tried again and it work but died shortly after wards.Its a 2000 sv650s, full tank of petrol.Any suggestions?
keenanoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #2

1 the electrical charging system in a motorcycle works different than a car#2 jumping a motorcycle battery from a car battery will do harm to the bikes battery and electrical components.#3 Suzuki bikes are noted for electrical problems and are noted for bad kill switches#4 figure you need a new battery and hope nothing else needs replaced like a $800 cdi box#5 take it to a Suzuki Dealer and have them repair it and hope they don't rip you off#6 after he bike is repaired, take all the electrical connection plugs apart and apply generous amounts of DI-Electric Grease to the connector pins ------
chainbart is offline   Reply With Quote