Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What should I do?

This is a discussion on What should I do? within the SV650 forums, part of the Suzuki category; I am currently in the Army deployed to Iraq. My bike is in storage and my brother has a motorcycle ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008   #1

Default What should I do?

I am currently in the Army deployed to Iraq. My bike is in storage and my brother has a motorcycle license. He's started it and kept it clean. If he rode it, it was only a mile or two at a time, no more than 20mi total in 10 months. I come back soon on R&R and want to ride, so what should I have him do to get it in the condition I left it? It is a 2006 suzuki sv650.
m249saw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009   #2

I'd make sure the battery was charged. Short rides won't be enough to recharge the battery.Check the air in the tires. Check them for any cracking.Run a new tank of fuel through it.Check the air filter and mufflers to make sure that no critters have taken up residence.I'd feel safer changing the oil, but it's probably not absolutely necessary.Make sure the things that move (clutch and brake levers, shifter, footpegs, sidestand) are adequately lubricated, and haven't corroded.Take a few turns in the parking lot, practice some stops before you get out on the road. You may be a bit rusty after spending 10 months off the bike. ------
Thumprr is offline   Reply With Quote