Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Boots > Anyone know where to find motorcycle shoe/boots with thick soles for short riders?

Anyone know where to find motorcycle shoe/boots with thick soles for short riders?

This is a discussion on Anyone know where to find motorcycle shoe/boots with thick soles for short riders? within the Boots forums, part of the Gear category; I'm 4'11", I run with a low profile tire on back and have lowered the bike everyway possible. Can ride ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2008   #1

Default Anyone know where to find motorcycle shoe/boots with thick soles for short riders?

I'm 4'11", I run with a low profile tire on back and have lowered the bike everyway possible. Can ride the way it is but, would like abit more help with maybe a higher soled boot. Anyone else have this problem?I would like to have a higher sole over the entire bottom of boot not just a higher heel. Have tried Local and out of town Harley dealer, Dennis kirk, J&P cycles also.
Harley Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #2

have you tried the local harley davidson store?
jamie5511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008   #3

Try sportsmansguide.com, they got everything and it's cheap.
Edward F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #4

Just take a pair of old boots to a local shoe repair shop and ask for some lifts. Just don't go too high, or you could be risking injury while walking on them.
JetDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #5

I suggest buy the pair you see and like, then take them to a shoe repair center and have them resole it with a one inch riser, yes they will do this. The cost is about $40.00, but worth every penny, if it solves the problem and makes riding safer for you.I did a resole on cowboy boots for riding, it made them just like any Harley boot, but with a better style.You can also take a Justin roper boot and put the one inch riser all over the sole, which looks cool. ------
txhypnotist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #6

yes dear you need to go to denis kirk online and check out there boots and if no help the go to thehorsemag.com and shop or even widowmakercusoms.com ------
william R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009   #7

JetDoc and Txhyp said what I was going to. I had considered this idea myself after reading an article about the various ways to get your feet on the ground in one of the mags.They're also right to say you shouldn't go too high - unless you can carry around another pair to change into.Also check out this site. I didn't look to see what they offer, but you might find something. ------
MeWantRune is offline   Reply With Quote