Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Gear > Boots > Motorcycle boots or regular work boots?

Motorcycle boots or regular work boots?

This is a discussion on Motorcycle boots or regular work boots? within the Boots forums, part of the Gear category; I'm thinking about buying new boots and was wondering if it would be better to invest in a new pair ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011   #1

Default Motorcycle boots or regular work boots?

I'm thinking about buying new boots and was wondering if it would be better to invest in a new pair of motorcycle boots or should I buy regular work boots? I have Wolverine Durashocks on my mind.

Suggestions?
billz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to driver25314

depends on what kind of riding do you do? i would suggest smooth soles for street riding,pulling out and your foot staying stuck because of rough tread being caught on something on the ground isn't fun. if you ride offroad definately get a specialized pair of boots,they are cheap insurance versus a trip to the ER
Old 12-03-2012   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver25314 View Post
depends on what kind of riding do you do? i would suggest smooth soles for street riding,pulling out and your foot staying stuck because of rough tread being caught on something on the ground isn't fun. if you ride offroad definately get a specialized pair of boots,they are cheap insurance versus a trip to the ER

I would definitely stay away from smooth soles for street riding. Streets are slippery things even when dry and can be ice-like when wet. Those smooth soles on a painted line or an oil slick will go out from under you in a heart beat...especially when trying to balance a 600 lb bike. This is a case where it is best to learn to ride rather than expect your footwear to solve your problems. Rough tread does not get caught on pavement if you lift your feet up when you take off.

BTW, I might be a junior member here but I've been riding for 40 years. I never post unless I see advice that is utterly wrong and dangerous and smooth soles, like riding with tennis shoes, is.

Last edited by momule; 12-03-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: addendum
momule is offline   Reply With Quote