Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Parts > Exhaust > Gas dripping from exhaust. GSXR 1100 Motorcycle?

Gas dripping from exhaust. GSXR 1100 Motorcycle?

This is a discussion on Gas dripping from exhaust. GSXR 1100 Motorcycle? within the Exhaust forums, part of the Parts category; There is gas dripping from the exhaust. Is it just a float stuck or is something else wrong?...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2008   #1

Default Gas dripping from exhaust. GSXR 1100 Motorcycle?

There is gas dripping from the exhaust. Is it just a float stuck or is something else wrong?
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #2

I know water drips from the exhaust which is normal but gas? wouldn't it igniteOkay the only thing I can think of is one of the cylinders isn't firing and when the piston is forced back up it is pushing the fuel out of the valve head however the exhaust being hot as it is along with pressure should ignite this remaining fuel what ever the case is it needs to be looked at .Another thing if a piston is not firing you will notice the Bike ide to be very rough so if it's not doing that then I would just assume it is water.
Joel T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #3

Gxr 1100 ? ------
billcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #4

If it really is gas and not condensation, you've got yourself a big problem there. Is the thing still running alright? To get enough gas through the pipe, you'd almost have to have two cylinders not firing and then I'd think that the heat would make it smoke like heck.Condensation, on the other hand isn't usually a concern. ------
William S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #5

if its gas you got a problem. ------
chopperchopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009   #6

Check your oil. Is the level high? Does it smell like gas? You better get this fixed before riding any more or you'll really screw things up.
robin1731 is offline   Reply With Quote