Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Parts > Exhaust > Motorcycle Slip-On Exhaust Question?

Motorcycle Slip-On Exhaust Question?

This is a discussion on Motorcycle Slip-On Exhaust Question? within the Exhaust forums, part of the Parts category; I want to buy this 2nd hand Scorpion Titanium slip on exhaust. The seller said it is for 01-05 GSXR ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2009   #1

Default Motorcycle Slip-On Exhaust Question?

I want to buy this 2nd hand Scorpion Titanium slip on exhaust. The seller said it is for 01-05 GSXR models. He cannot confirm if it is for the 600, 750 or 1000. It has a four screw bolt. My question is if the back pressure for a slip-on exhaust different for a 600, 750, and 1000? Will this impact the overall performance if I installed a slip-on that fits a 600 but is suited for a 1000? I have an 01 GSXR 600 and Im not sure if it is a good idea to buy this in case if it was meant for a 1000. The seller said there is no indications of a model# or serial# on the exhaust. ------
Dan I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010   #2

Hello Dan, I will tell you what I have been told.

It would be best if he could measure it (like with a soft cloth ruler from a sewing kit) the diameter, and length, ect, then call the manufacturer and see if from thet they can tell you which model its from.

I have been told that if its larger than your cc, it will work, if its smaller, it will create more bak pressure and problems. So if you are on a 750, you can use it if it was meant for a 1000cc. If it was for a 600, you might want to wait.

I am in the same boat.... I just bought a 2005 Sux Katana 750. I can find used cans for a GSXR 750, but not for the Katana... if anyone knew if a GSXR can would still bolt up to my Katanas mid pipe, I think thats all I need to know...

But no one has aswered my question yet.

Good luck.
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote