Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Parts > Exhaust > Oregon moped questions, please help?

Oregon moped questions, please help?

This is a discussion on Oregon moped questions, please help? within the Exhaust forums, part of the Parts category; PLEASE READ THIS BELOW:---MopedAccording to ORS 801.345, a moped:* Is designed to be operated on the ground upon wheels;* Has ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008   #1

Default Oregon moped questions, please help?

PLEASE READ THIS BELOW:---MopedAccording to ORS 801.345, a moped:* Is designed to be operated on the ground upon wheels;* Has a seat or saddle for use of the rider;* Is designed to travel with not more than three wheels in contact with the ground;* Is equipped with an independent power source that is capable of propelling the vehicle, unassisted, at a speed of not more than 30 miles per hour on a level road surface; and if the power source is a combustion engine, has a piston or rotor displacement of 35.01 to 50 cubic centimeters regardless of the number of chambers in the power source; and* Is equipped with a power drive system that functions directly or automatically only and does not require clutching or shifting by the operator after the system is engaged.A bicycle equipped with a power source may be classed as a moped if it meets all the moped requirements and also does not meet either the definition of an electric assisted bicycle as defined in ORS 801.258, or a motor assisted scooter as defined in ORS 801.348.---that came from [ http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/vehic...actsheet.shtml ]but i am unclear if i'm allowed to ride my moped (50 cc) max speed of 30 mph, in the bike lane, i have no motorcycle endorsment on my license. I have a class"C"license. I'm above 16 years old. i think it still has a vin on it. but when i bought it it dident come with any papers, it came with an license plate with expired tags. i have removed all headlights and blinkers because they were smashed beyond repair. so I decided to take them off. I've drove it around before, wearing my DOT approved motorcycle helmet. I use my hand turn signals at all times. Right now the moped is running LOUD, but if i run it within noise ordinance ( 7am - 10 pm) is that fine? sounds like a weed whacker at high rpm.question 1.) can i ride this in the bike lane's in the according flow of traffic?question 2.) RIght now there isnt a muffler on it.(just a makeshift one) could i get a noise violation?its a 2-stroke engine BTW, but in oregon we dont have emissions testing.
pacman1853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #2

well from what ive read it looks legal for road use,with the correct cat added to your licence,but get the exhaust fixed...its illegal,but even if it wasn't be courteous to your neighbours
desert camel is offline   Reply With Quote