Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Parts > Exhaust > What's causing my motorcycle to smoke?

What's causing my motorcycle to smoke?

This is a discussion on What's causing my motorcycle to smoke? within the Exhaust forums, part of the Parts category; I have a new 200cc enduro. It was running great until I changed the oil for the first time. Ever ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2008   #1

Default What's causing my motorcycle to smoke?

I have a new 200cc enduro. It was running great until I changed the oil for the first time. Ever since I changed the oil it is putting out a large amount of white smoke from the muffler for the first few miles of the ride, then it just smokes a little bit. I used the recommended oil and the recommend volume. Any thoughts?
kingofred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #2

Probably too much oil. If you added the correct amount, then maybe you did not drain it all the way.A good rule of thumb when a problem arises is to go back to the last work done to see if it is related to your current trouble.In your case ,I'd bet it is.
Ride on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #3

simple.....ya added to much. providing what you said is correct,its new.which is not all that bad if you spend alot of time on one wheel,other than that,you should let some out. ------
icujsin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #4
XYZ

Could be the parents and how the bike was raised ------
XYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #5

Why does everyone blame the parents? As a parent I repResent that statement. Tee hee. I blame genetics . That way I can scowl at the wife and wonder if I can blame her. What I know about bikes would leave room on a postage stamp for the magna carta but do not drain too much , or a little smoke will seem simple. Too much can break things too . Hope the advice helps.
Pea souper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #6

Is it one of those new Chinese Enduros.If it is...that's the problem.You should check your oil level. ------
bill b is offline   Reply With Quote