Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Honda > Shadow > 2007 Shadow Sabre VT-1100C2 Starts but wont stay running.

2007 Shadow Sabre VT-1100C2 Starts but wont stay running.

This is a discussion on 2007 Shadow Sabre VT-1100C2 Starts but wont stay running. within the Shadow forums, part of the Honda category; Hey Folks, I'm hoping someone can give me some advise and/or info on how to fix my problem. I bought ...

View Poll Results: Should Gay Marriage be made legal through out the U.S.?
Yes. 1 100.00%
No. 0 0%
Not Sure about it. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2011   #1

Question 2007 Shadow Sabre VT-1100C2 Starts but wont stay running.

Hey Folks, I'm hoping someone can give me some advise and/or info on how to fix my problem.

I bought a used 2004 shadow spirit 700 for my brother (that's what he wanted) and I got a new 2007 Shadow Sabre 1100 for me 3 yrs ago. Last year we found out my older brother, my only brother, had a brain tumor (Brain Cancer) Since he and I always lived together after his divorce 15yrs ago. Well, Long story short, I had only got my Bike to ride with him. He got sick very soon after we found out and pasted away only about 6 months later at 47yo. I'm 43. Anywho, both bikes have been sitting for about 11 months. I got a new Batt for mine, did an oil change, and even changed my spark plugs. Finally got it to start, but only with the choke open, but now she wont stay running, if I don't rev up the throttle and keep giving it some gas it stalls.

Someone told me that I might need to have my Carburetors cleaned (Vtwin), but after calling around the cheapest price I got was $300. I haven't been able to find a book to help me do it myself yet, but I read somewhere that if I add something called, "Seafoam" to the gas and to the Carburetors, after a few tank fulls it should clear up...? But I have no Idea what "SeaFoam" is or where to get it.

Can anyone help me out here? I want to get back on the road in my Brothers Honor, and to spread some of his ashes on a long cross country ride. I'd really appreciate any help ya'll could give me here folks... God Bless.
Tony in FTL
WickedNYRikanFTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011   #2

Sorry about your brother tony.
Seafoam should be available at any auto parts store. Do not expect miracles from it. Your problem is the pilot jet is plugged from sitting. The choke bypasses the PJ (pilot Jet) and will run with the choke on. You will have to pull of the float bowl and take a narrow screwdriver to remove the PJ. It will be recessed in the carb. After cleaning (sometimes compressed air is enough) you shopuld be able to hold it up to the light and see through it. Maske sure the small holes on the side are open also. Buy a can of carb cleaner with a tube and spray through the hole the PJ came from. This should erase your problem. If not more in depth cleaning will be required. To prevent this problem in the future use StaBil in the fuel and drain the float bowl or run it dry before storage. Make sure the fuel valve is not leaking and refilling the carb after draining.
recycledcycles is offline   Reply With Quote