Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Repair > Broken starter button on Virago 250..

Broken starter button on Virago 250..

This is a discussion on Broken starter button on Virago 250.. within the Motorcycle Repair forums, part of the General category; Just bought a used 250 about 3 weeks ago. Went out to start it up yesterday, and the electric starter ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2006   #1

Default Broken starter button on Virago 250..

Just bought a used 250 about 3 weeks ago. Went out to start it up yesterday, and the electric starter button got stuck when I pressed it in. While trying to pull it out (and I didn't try very hard), the button broke off. I can still start it, as the metal portion underneath where the button is attached is still functional. But, I was just wondering if any of you folks know if I can just buy the button, or am I going to have to replace the entire kill switch assembly (as the starter button is on that assembly). And, if I do have to replace the whole assembly, is there a good place online to get a good price for it? I have a friend who can install it for me...so I really don't need to go to a dealer. But, will go to the dealer if I need to, for the part. I need one that fits a 2003 Yamaha Virago 250.

P.S. It doesn't have a kick starter. Thanks.
ngmp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006   #2

I would disassemble the switch and see if there is any hope of repairing it. If not eBay might be your best bet. Buy a used one or the whole assembly (and scrap it for parts).
ColbyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006   #3

looks like they have the complete assembly on bikebandit.com for $106. id check a dealer also. Couldnt find any on ebay. Id give it a try, tearing it apart and seeing if that one is savable.
raghulmad is offline   Reply With Quote