Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Repair > Honda S90 Over-revving

Honda S90 Over-revving

This is a discussion on Honda S90 Over-revving within the Motorcycle Repair forums, part of the General category; I am having a problem with my Honda S90 over-revving when I start it. I have cleaned the carb, blown ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009   #1

Default Honda S90 Over-revving

I am having a problem with my Honda S90 over-revving when I start it. I have cleaned the carb, blown out all the jets, set the air screw properly, and made sure that I dont have any excess air coming into the carb from the inlet side. I have insured that the throttle valve is sitting at the bottom of the carb body in what should be an idle position. Has anyone had a problem like this and have a potential solution?
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010   #2

JayJay, is the throttle cable ONE PIECE FROM HANDGRIP TO TOP OF SLIDE??
If it is any UNSECURED from frame mounting PLAY can cause outside cable housing to jump out of carb adjuster-leading to over revving.TURNING HANDLEBARS ETC. CAN MOVE OUTSIDE CABLE HOUSING.
I have just put a new cable on a T500(with same prob. only fixed when I secured cable in several points on frame.Cable ties will work some but you will have to use AT LEAST ONE SS AIRCAFT CLAMP. Good Luck
derflyfiftyyrsofengines is offline   Reply With Quote