Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Safety > THIS Is How Fast It Could Happen To You

THIS Is How Fast It Could Happen To You

This is a discussion on THIS Is How Fast It Could Happen To You within the Motorcycle Safety forums, part of the General category; I snagged this off another forum, but everyone should see it. click---> http://www.break.com/index/deervsmoto5.html And why it really is fool hardy ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2007   #1

Default THIS Is How Fast It Could Happen To You

I snagged this off another forum, but everyone should see it.

click---> http://www.break.com/index/deervsmoto5.html

And why it really is fool hardy to risk riding without leather & lid.
Ron T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007   #2

Wow! Not to make light but, I'm amazed at how well the bike looked afterwards. The 'body' looks like a dummy. I wonder how the rider faired.

There is another motorcycle vs deer on YouTube. The bike and rider did very well. The bike looks like it lost the front fender. The rider did not go down. He was able to stay on and pull over. He got right off and went to cussing like mad.

Definitely something to consider. I watch crash videos to see how they happen, what happens and what the result is. It raises my awareness.
FatCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007   #3

I've seen that vid on this site also: http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm
quikshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #4

Wow! That got my heart going!

The helmet is really important here. In the deer vs. motorcycle accidents out here last summer, only the riders wearing helmets survived. Some riders without helmets lived long enough to be taken to the hospital, but likely died in the emergency room. A tiny handful of the helmetless survived past the emergency room, but will spend a lifetime with significant brain damage.

Thanks for the reminder.
1badharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #5

I second that Olivia. Don't go without the helmet even if it a short trip a few blocks away. An accident can happen anywhere.
Wade R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007   #6

wow. Very lucky it was a very very small deer. Ouch! Glad he and the bike are ok!
craziboiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #7

A tiny handful of the helmetless survived past the emergency room, but will spend a lifetime with significant brain damage.

If I were the attending physician, I would've had to diagnose the brain damage as a pre-existing condition.
Joe A is offline   Reply With Quote