Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Safety > Jacket Why No Chest Armor

Jacket Why No Chest Armor

This is a discussion on Jacket Why No Chest Armor within the Motorcycle Safety forums, part of the General category; I'm not seeing chest armor in jackets. Why not? There are armors promoted toward off road bikers that cover back ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2007   #1

Default Jacket Why No Chest Armor

I'm not seeing chest armor in jackets. Why not? There are armors promoted toward off road bikers that cover back and chest.
CanTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007   #2

I was actually thinking of getting one of those Motocross upper body plastic armor things those guys wear under a jersey when they race. They would offer actually more protection than the foam rubber in jackets, plus, with one of those, under a long sleeve "T" shirt, you may not have to even wear a jacket. ...Untill it gets cold.:D
I saw a "L" size pre-owened one in a local Bike repair shop. for $90.
Should have bought it Then!
Houyhnhnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #3

The first reason that comes to mind is - to get the most effectiveness out of chest armor you need a solid chest plate. Its hard to make that work with a zipper up the middle of a jacket.
jocular2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #4

I can see a chest-protector being somewhat useful on the street, but I think that in most cases your hands and elbows would hit before your chest and soften the blow enough.

What I don't see the point in is armoring up your chest and not wearing elbow or shoulder pads, or even anything to prevent road rash on your arms.
The Clone is offline   Reply With Quote