Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like A Glove

This is a discussion on Like A Glove within the Motorcycle Safety forums, part of the General category; So my Shift armor gloves are really sweet and all, but they seem to give me some numbness in my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2006   #1

Default Like A Glove

So my Shift armor gloves are really sweet and all, but they seem to give me some numbness in my middle finger and thumb, especially on my throttle hand. Really not cool at highway speeds and it takes it's toll on the ride enjoyment, as one would suspect.

I feel pretty strongly about wearing gloves, even more than a jacket. I've been clobbered by grasshoppers and hornets in my hands, and well, it hurts and can be more than distracting. So here's my problem, now that I'm done whining. The Shift brand gloves I have are XLs already. I'm not finding too many pairs of gloves in XXL, or more. Tried on a set of Scorpion gloves yesterday, and they were the same size as my Shifts. Ugh.

Can I just wear a pair of mechanics gloves? I see the importance of proper armor, but isn't SOME protection better than NO protection? (don't start on me about no jacket, I'm getting armor soon, I just don't have the ching for the coat I want just yet. Scorpion jackets are expensive)

Share your experiences!

Loudest143
*maybe wacko jacko's got a few extras I could borrow:D
clark6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #2

Default Like A Glove

I ordered my gloves from newenough.com and they fit perfectly. I used their sizing guide and found I needed an XL glove. You might want to check them out and see if, according to their chart, you need an XXL. They seem to have a pretty good return policy so if you order gloves and they don't fit well, it shouldn't be a big problem.
cazesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006   #3

Default Like A Glove

Cruise down to the hardware store and slap down seven dollars for a pair of yellow deerskin work gloves. Best riding gloves ever. You can pick a dime up while you're wearing them, they wear like iron, and they're buttery soft within two weeks of use. Mechanix Wear gloves are nice too, but I prefer the work gloves. The only downside is, every time I put them on, I expect my Pa to jump out from behind a tree and tell me we need to fix a fence somewhere!:)
scaredshoeless is offline   Reply With Quote