Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Safety > Magnetic "tickets" for cagers?

Magnetic "tickets" for cagers?

This is a discussion on Magnetic "tickets" for cagers? within the Motorcycle Safety forums, part of the General category; Sorry this is so vague. I only saw it once and now I can't find it again, please help... I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007   #1

Default Magnetic "tickets" for cagers?

Sorry this is so vague. I only saw it once and now I can't find it again, please help...

I can't remember what forum I was on, but one time there was a link posted somewhere that linked to a page that sold what is basically "cager tickets".

They were yellow magnetic rectangles that in black print read something to the effect of:
"if you have recived this ticket you were unknowingly dangerously close to a motorcyclist and they felt you were unsafe, please pay closer attention next time"

Or something like that (it may have been less polite, but I really don't remember) But the idea would be to have a couple on your tank and to throw them onto the vehicle that just near missed you.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I was trying to tell my friend about them, and now I'm searching like crazy and can't find the dang things.
If you can, please help.

Thanks!!
djjeffyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007   #2

Couldn't find the motorcyclist one, but saw this link while I was looking.

http://www.epartyunlimited.com/parkingtickets.html

Man, I would go broke handing these things out!
jahselection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007   #3

While I love the idea, the reality is that if you were to actually toss one of these onto someone's car, there's a good chance that they would retaliate with violence.

A motorcyclist was shot and killed not too long ago just for lane splitting in California, where it is legal to do so! The reason: the shooter thought it was unfair.
vakayil k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #4

While I love the idea, the reality is that if you were to actually toss one of these onto someone's car, there's a good chance that they would retaliate with violence.

A motorcyclist was shot and killed not too long ago just for lane splitting in California, where it is legal to do so! The reason: the shooter thought it was unfair.

wow, really?!?! when and where was this? I need to steer clear of that area... please say something like Los Angeles or something, not Sacramento :(

And a remark about those stickers... please only buy them if it's a gag gift or something of the sort to your friends/family. At about $3 a pop, it gets kinda expensive to "ticket" cars... whoooo!
gabrielbeware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #5

It was this forum.:D

YES!!! That is it!! When they came up in conversation, it was very much like "there should be something you can do" and I mentioned the Yellow Card (although I didn't know what it was actually called) and said here's a cool idea that would work about as well as the gag tickets (mentioned earlier, I love those) But wanted to show him. Then I couldn't find them again. Thank YOU so much!!!

There was no intent to actually use them. :)

It's like the fantasy of beating someone off their bicycle with the DMV handbook for riding on the sidewalk when there is a bike lane (share the ROAD?). It's just a nice thought that makes you giggle, but I wouldn't actually do it. :) Sorry, my pet peeve is showing again isn't it...
Old 01-23-2007   #6

Sorry, my pet peeve is showing again isn't it...

Don't worry... in California, it's very much expected.
Meaning... ppl in CA are not very, hmm how do I say... "aware".

People in CA don't realize that there are such things as bicycle laws, and still need to follow the rules of the road. They think b/c they're not operating a motor they still qualify under the right-of-way rights of pedestrians... Oops! see! There I go... sorry :o
zipwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #7

People in CA don't realize that there are such things as bicycle laws, and still need to follow the rules of the road. They think b/c they're not operating a motor they still qualify under the right-of-way rights of pedestrians... Oops! see! There I go... sorry :o

Actually, where I work (Petaluma) the cops are particularly good at enforcing the bicycle laws. I saw a bicyclist get a ticket just two days ago. I know it's wrong to take pleasure in anothers misfortune, but at the same time, it's wrong to have to dive for cover when you are on the sidewalk... ok, I'll stop there before I get booted out of the forum for being off topic.
Old 01-26-2007   #8

wow, really?!?! when and where was this? I need to steer clear of that area... please say something like Los Angeles or something, not Sacramento :(

And a remark about those stickers... please only buy them if it's a gag gift or something of the sort to your friends/family. At about $3 a pop, it gets kinda expensive to "ticket" cars... whoooo!

thank for that thought. those of us in L.A. will make sure to wear our flak jacket :| .but i wouldn't be surprised if it where here or the O.C. peeps out here drive like idgets. i've had fools move into me when splitting lanes in rushhour.
rajz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007   #9

Around here you might just get shot for throwing some thing at a car.
I know of a few times I would have liked to have given a ticket or two.:D
Rastafari is offline   Reply With Quote