Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Motobike intercom

This is a discussion on Motobike intercom within the Motorcycle Safety forums, part of the General category; A biker friend mentioned motorbike intercoms the other day. He said some of his friends use them whenever they go ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2011   #1

Default Motobike intercom

A biker friend mentioned motorbike intercoms the other day. He said some of his friends use them whenever they go out to bike in groups.

I was thinking is it really worth spending so much money? Do we actually need intercom to talk to someone we can easily see?!!

And is there a place one would be able to rent this stuff?

Please share your experiences, it would be much appreciated
billz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011   #2

My wife and I (she is the passenger) use a intercom system when riding. They are bluetooth compatible so the cell phones work and also navigation systems so we get turn by turn directions. We don't but could listen to ipod through system. We have started Geocaching from our motorcycle and it is convenient to have the intercom system. Worth the money? Probably not as most have a range of a few hundred feet. Neat with a great passenger though.
recycledcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #3

Wow this system sounds pretty cool! Please tell me its model and manufacturer. Did you buy it online?
billz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011   #4

We were very fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. The distributor for the MIDLAND BT2 system was making a promo and needed a bike to use in the demonstration. We loaned him our bike and in return he gave us the MIDLAND BT2 system. I would suggest going to the Midland web site for details and reviews. Good luck and ride safe.
recycledcycles is offline   Reply With Quote