Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

My first bike wreck

This is a discussion on My first bike wreck within the Motorcycle Safety forums, part of the General category; I finally got my first motorcycle jacket this weekend at a local Motorcycle part and jacket retailer. a black with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2007   #1

Default My first bike wreck

I finally got my first motorcycle jacket this weekend at a local Motorcycle part and jacket retailer.
a black with white reflective stripes textile jacket with CE armorer in back ,elbows and sholders
It is a NITRO this link is to a pic of it
http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showt...685#post550685

Good thing I got it this weekend
today I kinda wrecked my bike . not to much damage,
so I rode it back home.
I missed a expected turn. It was a sharp turn and I was going a little faster than I should have been going.( posted 30mph me 40mph I just could not get it to make the turn so I chickened out at the last sec about 1 foot from the grass so I straitened the wheel and tried to slow down some but it got too squirrelly in the grass and there was a ditch coming up fast so rather than jumping a 5 foot ditch I chose to lay it down, not to hard and in the grass but I am still a little sore.
I dug quit the ditch with the bike and it took a while to clean all the mud from around the bike I have had much worse crashes snow boarding.
So all in all not to bad for my first crash.
any crash you can ride away from is a good one.:)
I knew better than to take the turn so fast but was not paying attention how fast it came up.
It was a ramp getting on the express way.

I found walking the bike up some what harder in slippery mud. But I got it up just the same I was more embarrassed and pissed than hurt .
Guess that is a good thing.

My mirror was slightly bent, the light assembly was slightly crooked, and the gages were slightly crooked.
I guess I can say my bike was slightly crooked.
I got most of it back strait before this message.
Still need slight adjustment but It needed that before the wreck.
Maybe now I will wake up :D
drfunky1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007   #2

Good to know you had your jacket before this happened, glad your safe and nothing major was broken, on you or the bike.
Family Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007   #3

Ya me to I did get every thing fairly strait .
I found a problem with my tachometer not working correctly it must have happened in the crash ,it only reads 1000-2500 rpm no matter how high I rev The bike guess I will have to spring for one of those now.
Maybe tomorrow I can fix it never know.
Oh well could have been much worse, I can hardly lift my arms I am so sore.
I did make my self go around the neighborhood a few times to get past the fear and to see how it rode after I got every thing strait I also had to replace one of the blinker bulbs it must have broke in the crash the orange cover is also cracked pretty bad but that is most likely fairly cheap.
I will need to change out the front light holder the chrome sleave some time soon it is bent fairly bad and the blinkers are some what cockeyed they all mount to the chrome sleeve.
Oh well the hard part will be finding parts I can afford.

The jacket was nice but I landed mostly on my chest and helmet,see they are nice to have on in a wreck.
Glad I had it on like all ways, ( referring to the thread how not to where a helmet and get by with it.
Old 03-21-2007   #4

glad to hear your alright and that the bike didnt take much damage ,better sore than broken eh
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007   #5

Ya I guess so, But boy am I sore today even worse than yesterday.
well I took the bike out riding any way today ,seemed OK but the tachometer is fried guess I will have to keep an eye out for one this winter.
The tachometer works up to around 2500 rpm but it reads low at idle should read around 1050rpm reads around 500rpm at 55 mph reads 2500rpm not quite right.
I still have to get a front blinker cover.
I changed the bulb on the blinker because it was not working and now it works fine.
Just what I needed more stuff to fix on the bike.
Old 07-14-2009   #6

its really good to hear that you are alright. but feel sorry to hear about your bike damage.
Old 11-27-2009   #7

I finally got my first motorcycle jacket this weekend at a local Motorcycle part and jacket retailer.
a black with white reflective stripes textile jacket with CE armorer in back ,elbows and sholders

- > good to hear about this news, if you want more optional motorcycle jackets,
you could look for the suitable website.
Teamworld is offer well-known branded names (i.e. BANDO, DID, NGK, YUASA) and accessories,Supply OEM motorcycle/scooter manufacturers such as Aprilia, Cagiva, Malaguti, Minarelli, Moto Guzzi, Kawasaki,and have Asiawide sourcing capabilities/production facilities.
Miomas0v is offline   Reply With Quote