Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Safety > WTF is wrong with people!!!!!

WTF is wrong with people!!!!!

This is a discussion on WTF is wrong with people!!!!! within the Motorcycle Safety forums, part of the General category; I just got a dose of unfriendly driver rage earlier today. Car behind me made a right turn same as ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2006   #1
seb

Default WTF is wrong with people!!!!!

I just got a dose of unfriendly driver rage earlier today. Car behind me made a right turn same as me into a single-lane road, then proceeded to pass me, veering me off to the side.

I should have been cautious because she was a very aggressive driver behind me (she cut off the car that was previously behind me to make the right turn). I gave her a bewildered look and she yelled at me as she drove by.

I guess she doesn't know she can really hurt or kill motorcyclists. Or.. it's simply that she's the type of person that we as a civilization need to move on from.

Just venting.
seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #2

I'll tell you what is wrong with people, the stupid gene has been allowed to run rampant. In the "good old days" we all carried a six-gun and when people did stupid things like that we thinned the herd thereby decreasing the number of stupid children that were allowed to be born. But now it's not PC to do this so we all suffer the consequences!
ramirezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #3

I inherited a SOHC CB750 from my uncle, who rode it daily for about fifteen years in Miami traffic. He bought a Suzuki Cavalcade, and told me I could have the Honda. When I was about to ride off with it, he came running out the front door, yelling for me to stop. He went in the garage, and came back with an adjustable wrench, and proceeded to remove the cupholder from the Honda's handlebar. I looked in the cupholder and saw three or four rusty spark plugs. I asked him why he wanted the old cupholder full of cruddy old spark plugs. Surely he wasn't going to install that cobby looking thing on his new Suzuki, was he? He told me he was, and I asked him why, since the spark plugs were all of different sizes, they wouldn't do his new 'Zook any good. He said, "I like to throw them at people who try to kill me with their cars."

There's a lesson here: Don't f*** with my uncle in traffic.
Pirate Kyle Yar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #4

I inherited a SOHC CB750 from my uncle, who rode it daily for about fifteen years in Miami traffic. He bought a Suzuki Cavalcade, and told me I could have the Honda. When I was about to ride off with it, he came running out the front door, yelling for me to stop. He went in the garage, and came back with an adjustable wrench, and proceeded to remove the cupholder from the Honda's handlebar. I looked in the cupholder and saw three or four rusty spark plugs. I asked him why he wanted the old cupholder full of cruddy old spark plugs. Surely he wasn't going to install that cobby looking thing on his new Suzuki, was he? He told me he was, and I asked him why, since the spark plugs were all of different sizes, they wouldn't do his new 'Zook any good. He said, "I like to throw them at people who try to kill me with their cars."

There's a lesson here: Don't f*** with my uncle in traffic.

Spark Plugs, absolutely brilliant. One night 25 years ago while I was out playing sailor, I somehow ended up in a poker game with a couple of bad news bikers. I noticed the front of their vest pockets were bulging with what I though were marbles, curiosity got the better of me and I asked what was in their pockets, one of them reached in and pulled out a ball bearing about the size of a small marble, he explained they toss them over their shoulder while riding to keep people from tail gating. Steel ball bearings hitting a windshield at 50 plus will defiantly get your attention. I could never do such a thing but man sometimes ya gotta wonder at these people, had a lady (I use the term loosely) make a left in front of me today at an intersection and then flipped me off as she turned in front of me.
Jason The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #5

Yeah, I thought it was cool, too, but in this day and age, someone's liable to shoot you for chucking an NGK BR9ES at their car.
ggkvarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #6

Somebody is liable to shoot you to see how you look shot.
jdubb717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #7

I've heard about people keeping spare change, marbles, etc in their pockets to dump if someone pissed them off... I think I'd be afraid of someone ramming me in that instance.
mtlibertarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #8

Tossing stuff at other motorists is illegal, guys. Not to mention a bad idea. Let's say you chuck a handful of spark plugs or metal nuts at the lowlife who cuts you off, runs you off the road, etc. What if they up the ante by really trying to run you over? Or wait until you park and go after you with a meat hammer? So now you've broken the law AND you have to defend yourself from someone you antagonized in the first place. Tough in court.

I can relate somewhat to the frustration, having been run off the road today by a stupid woman too self-absorbed to make any of a variety of sensible choices that would have prevented a head-on collision and not involved running other drivers off the road. After running me off the road, she felt it was necessary to flip me off too. I was glad to return home to my dogs, who are paragons of civilized manners compared with her. And they're sweet on top of it. :)
dequils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #9

Tossing stuff at other motorists is illegal, guys. Not to mention a bad idea. Let's say you chuck a handful of spark plugs or metal nuts at the lowlife who cuts you off, runs you off the road, etc. What if they up the ante by really trying to run you over? Or wait until you park and go after you with a meat hammer? So now you've broken the law AND you have to defend yourself from someone you antagonized in the first place. Tough in court.

I can relate somewhat to the frustration, having been run off the road today by a stupid woman too self-absorbed to make any of a variety of sensible choices that would have prevented a head-on collision and not involved running other drivers off the road. After running me off the road, she felt it was necessary to flip me off too. I was glad to return home to my dogs, who are paragons of civilized manners compared with her. And they're sweet on top of it. :)

Olivia, no one was advocating throwing missiles at people, we were simply relaying our experiences. Although I don’t condone it, I understand why pintslayer's uncle throws spark plugs at these people and I don’t blame him for doing so.

Getting back to the original theme of the thread you have to wonder what is wrong with these people, seriously, what goes on in a persons head who has just ran someone off the road and flip’s them off to boot, it’s like “How dare you ride were I wanted to drive” I just don’t get it! It’s different when some lazy inattentive driver just does not see you; however, these people do see you and make a cognitive decision to try and hurt you!
motox94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006   #10

I would be tempted to call the local constabulary and report that a reckless, and possibly severely intoxicated driver just ran you off the road. Be sure to get the make model and plate number.

No, you don't know they are drunk, but there's a good chance right?
louis is offline   Reply With Quote