Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > New Riders > Carburetor problems

Carburetor problems

This is a discussion on Carburetor problems within the New Riders forums, part of the General category; I have a 1985 Suzuki GS550E which has sat for approx. 1-month. Ran satisfactory. Now, when I start it, I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2010   #1

Default Carburetor problems

I have a 1985 Suzuki GS550E which has sat for approx. 1-month. Ran satisfactory. Now, when I start it, I let it warm up & as soon as I open the throttle the engine dies. I've replaced all of the fuel in it & cleaned out the carburetors. It appears that the diaphragms are not actuating & lifting the needles out of the main jets. Any help would be appreciated. brockway
brockway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #2

check your vacuum hoses and and carb boots for leaks would be my start!
rskybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #3

Default Carb problems

Thank you for your help; however, I've already done that. I'm stumped!
brockway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010   #4

how did you check for vac leaks? This can be one of the most frustrating things to go though I use wd40 or starter fluid and when you have engine running spray around boots and any vac hoses if no change in rev remove and cap all vac ports to carbs and se how it feels. hows compression, plug condition, head gasket OK? check every point that vac can be lost to cylinder also I have a kawi 700 had a bad ignitor not familiar with your bike but that's how i described problem when first appeared i couldn't get enough rev to raise vac levels to get main jets working, hope something helped here- Good Luck tim
tim396 is offline   Reply With Quote