Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > New Riders > Engine Stalling out....just gas? or something more?

Engine Stalling out....just gas? or something more?

This is a discussion on Engine Stalling out....just gas? or something more? within the New Riders forums, part of the General category; Ok, So I'm still getting used to the gas thing. I originally figured I would have to put gas in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010   #1

Default Engine Stalling out....just gas? or something more?

Ok, So I'm still getting used to the gas thing. I originally figured I would have to put gas in about every 130. After running out of gas at about 115 I decided to start filling up every 100 miles. I can start to feel when I'm running out of gas and I can switch to reserve and fill up. The problem is that I was at 80 miles and the engine stopped on the highway. I pulled over. Nothing worked. I waited about 10 minutes and started it up again while on reserve. It started up and I made it to the gas station but i filled up and I only needed a gallon and a half when my tank is supposed to be 3.2 gallons. I was riding in heavy heavy traffic on the highway for a while so I assumed that I just used ALOT more gas on the highway but it has happened twice since. My engine will stall. it won't start up again right away but will after a few minutes but when I filled up it was only after 50-60 miles and I only needed about 1.5 gallons. I'm wondering if it is not gas? I also noticed my lights start to flicker, like the turn signal don't blink right around when I stall. Is this normal for having low gas and I'm just being paranoid? Or does this sound like another issue that I should get checked out?
RegnisnuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #2

after reading online, I'm starting to think that it might be the battery. it supposedly got a new batter right before I bought it a month ago but the problems only started a week ago...
RegnisnuM is offline   Reply With Quote