Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > New Riders > How difficult is it to ride a sport motorcycle?

How difficult is it to ride a sport motorcycle?

This is a discussion on How difficult is it to ride a sport motorcycle? within the New Riders forums, part of the General category; I'm about 125lbs at 5'9"and I'm looking into getting a sport motorcycle, something like a Suzuki bandit or what not, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009   #1

Default How difficult is it to ride a sport motorcycle?

I'm about 125lbs at 5'9"and I'm looking into getting a sport motorcycle, something like a Suzuki bandit or what not, probably 600cc. I'm curious though, how hard is it to handle a bike like this, are they extremely heavy, do they have decent balance when still? I just don't want to get to a training class and find out the bike is a bit too much. They don't seem like they would be but I've never had a chance to toy around with one and get a feel for the weight.Any info would be helpful! Thanks.
Sonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #2

Since you are so light, I would suggest starting with a 250cc. Dont let the dealers fool you into getting a 600cc. Those things are really fast and can top out at around 170mph. Stick with a ninja 250 or a buell, those are nice, its still pretty quick, but you wont kill yourself on it, plus you will save a good couple grand.
disbsam333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009   #3

A bike like Suzuki bandit somewhere around the 600cc mark should not make you find it a great deal of difficulty to handle with, from my previous experience I have seen even leaner guys handle such bikes at high precision.
motocraze is offline   Reply With Quote